“I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
Are you exasperated because you feel like you tried everything and it still seems like nothing works? Perhaps you have exhausted your resources and have sought advice from experts but your great idea just won’t take off?
I often say that the best success comes from small actions applied consistently, which is why I encourage you to keep going even when you think you have ‘tried’ it all.
Take Thomas Edison’s example as quoted about and adopt the mindset and persistence that created his success.
Here’s my strategy for persistence:
- Remove failure from your vocabulary. There is no such thing, there’s only feedback. The only failure is the failure to continue to take action.
- Take into account the changing scenarios, implement the learning of the last attempt and keep going.
- Commit to doing NOT thinking about doing.
- Ask for help, the person who has accomplished has tips on what they did wrong and may be willing to save you the trouble by sharing their experience.
- Ask Quality Questions of yourself and others. Listen to the responses and take action on what you discovered.
- Learn the right time to take action. Sometimes in-action on certain things is the right time of action.
In Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) teaching and coaching we draw on this presupposition “that there is no failure only feedback” we find it empowers us to keep on the pursuit of success for the road is paved with obstacles and the best way to conquer them is to take the feedback and keep pushing.
So view the setbacks as temporary, decide on your next step and do it!
Are you the type of person who have a started several projects and have left them unfinished because of a glitch or two? Well, it’s the start of a brand new year. And it’s time to change your ways.
Discover new ways to do things. It’s what keeps the world turning.
Discover new concepts in NLP. Enter your details here to receive a free gift and info pack for our next NLP Practitioner Training. Get it here or email [email protected] with GIFT in the subject line.
By popular demand we have turned many of our multi-day workshops into multi-week online courses with a live day to kick them off. Learn more at https://businessgrowth.mykajabi.com/masteryoursales