Your Choices Today Will Shape Your Tomorrow… (as mine will)
You know those ‘Choose Your Own Adventure” games and books, where the choice you make at any stage affects the options available?
It’s kind of fun to make wacky choices when you’re playing at it and see what happens when you make choices that are obviously poor or risky, BUT what if you were doing that in real life?
Unfortunately, I meet people all the time who are making decisions that will handicap them for years to come.
- Spending every evening in front of the TV watching programs they don’t really care about when they could be nurturing relationships, reading, or learning new skills;
- Getting caught up in social media feuds and frenzies;
- Staying in bed when they know they need to get up and move more;
- Eating sugary food and empty calories rather than giving their mind and body the fuel it needs;
- Alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and other ‘harmless’ tools that provide short-term satisfaction and help them cope with life;
- Deciding that if they can’t ‘work’ they can just lounge;
- Spending time with people who they know are a ‘bad influence’ on their mood or habits just because;
- Immersing themselves in negativity;
- The list could go on…
None of us are perfect, I’m certainly not. Like everyone else, I make bad choices about my eating, thinking, time-usage, relationships, entertainment, movement (or lack thereof). However, I’m aware of them and I really try not to use the justification that “everyone else is doing it.”