The Pricing Conundrum
Price may be one of the most studied and tested areas of product development. It’s certainly one of the first questions that most clients and students ask me.
I get questions like…
- Am I charging enough?
- Am I charging too much?
- Why do some people say, “Is that all it costs!” And others say, “That’s way too expensive!”?
- How much should I charge?
- Should I feel guilty because my price is 2X what my competitors charge?
- I can hardly pay my bills, can I raise my prices so I’m not working for $0?
- How do I overcome objections to my prices?
- What’s the perfect price point for my product or service?
If these questions are raging in your head… You’re not alone!
These same questions have been keeping economists up at night for centuries and have consumed billions of words, millions of pages and hours.
There’s a good reason for all that angst, too… Because the answer is quite simple
AND very disturbing for economists and governments…
What do I mean?